Games

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

How Do You Use Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser? Mineral Oil and Under eye Wrinkles

Pond's Cream Cleanser and Pond's Cold cream are old, antiquated products that have a cult following. I've heard so much about Pond's products for quite some time, especially amongst my aging aunts. They've all sung about how moisturizing and gentle Pond's Cream Cleanser and Pond's Cold Cream are. As someone in their mid 20's, I already have smooth skin - and I would like to keep it that way. One of the more difficult areas for me is the undereye area. I never knew how I was supposed to clean and take care of my eyelids, which are typically the first place to show signs of aging. Cleansers with sulfates, benzoyl peroxide, and salicylic acid did wonders for my face, but would dry out the sensitive undereye area. But if I didn't wash my eyelids, gunk will gather up, and I would have crusty eyelids. What is a boy to do? Wash their eyelids with plain water, and maybe use a saline solution for removing any eye boogers. I finally did some research on Ponds and have used their Pond's Cream Cleanser and Pond's Cold Cream for several weeks - and here's my verdict (I love it).

Mineral Oil and Undereye Area
I am not afraid of chemicals in my skincare products. I can conceptualize the fact that some
ingredients in my skincare that many deem to be "dangerous", are there to preserve the efficacy of my product, to stabilize my product, and to ensure that my product does not turn into a cesspool of bacteria. One of these chemicals that tends to get a bad rap is mineral oil.

Mineral oil comes from petroleum jelly, sharing similar characteristics to your favorite jar of vaseline. It does not impart moisture on your skin - it actually traps it and reduces evaporation via its occlusive properties. Many people who bemoan mineral oil think that it will clog pores. This is a simple case of  mistaken identity - industrial mineral oil can clog pores, but cosmetic mineral oil does not. The mineral oil used to lubricate large machinery is completely different to the mineral oil that is formulated in many skincare products, including Pond's Cream Cleanser and Pond's Cold Cream.

Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser: What Can Mineral Oil Do For Your Eyelids

Ponds Cold Cream is basically mineral oil suspended in a cream solution - and I love it. It is very gentle, allowing me to actually apply the product directly below my eyelids, with no irritation whatsoever. To reduce my puffy face in the morning, I sometimes place my Pond's products in the refrigerator for a few hours.

How Do You Use Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser

  1. Wet your face with warm water.
  2. Pick up a bit of your product. A little bit goes a long way. Massage it on your cheeks, forehead, and decollete area if appropriate.
  3. Message a bit around the undereye area. Close your eyes and massage the product in. Don't be afraid to really go in on your eyelashes.
  4. Use a lot of water to remove the Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser. The product is very rich - almost too rich. I find that only using water to remove the product tends to leave a film that is a bit too rich for my liking. Rigorous splashing of water and wiping my face with a towel imparts softness and a glow that is natural and not greasy.
  5. Use An exfoliating product every 2-3 days when using  Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser. The occlusive action does not disturb the skin cells on your face like traditional cleansers. Even though the skin's acid mantle isn't disturbed, only relying on an occlusive product can cause skin to become dull over time. Offset accumulation of dead skin cells by replacing your Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser with an exfoliating treatment every few days.


Does Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser Interact With Other Products?

Pond's Cold Cream cleanser does not interact with my other products. Some users have worried, thinking that the occlusive nature of Pond's product will render their secondary product useless. I still apply my night creams and my sunscreens as soon as I finish washing my face, and I still have not witnessed an adverse reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open Up a Dialogue With Me! Comment on this blog